Photos by Sandra Beuck
If you encouter walls, you have to learn to break them down or find a way around them.
I am a game designer, programmer and digital native. In my projects I am a perfectionist and I will work on a problem until it is fixed or until I have tried everything… If this fails, I will use the “hammer-method” – small pieces can create new things.
If you can not climb the wall on your own, you can always rely on your team.
I am a teamplayer. I especially love the work in an interdisciplinary team. I often take the role of communicator between the disciplines and I work to hold everything together. I enjoy team programming.
Ad astra. – To the stars.
Creating things together motivates me to go beyond my limits and to never stop learning.
Master of Science in Computer Science in Media at the Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany.
Bachelor of Science in Digital Media at the Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany.
Semester abroad at the department of Computer Science at the San Francisco State University, CA, USA.
My skills include the following programming and scripting languages:
- HTML, CSS, basics in php and Ruby on Rails
I mostly use the following software:
- Visual Studio
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Adobe Flash
- Git/ Github
- Basics in: Blender and Maxon Cinema4D
In my studies I produced short films, for which I learned the basics of camera operation, light setting and post-production. Thus, I am familiar with the following software:
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
I am interested in languages of all sorts, which is why I am often working as an editor for German grammar and spelling in scientific papers or theses and I enjoy writing and reading. My language skills include:
- German : native speaker
- English : fluent
- French : basic knowledge
- Climbing: I am an avid mountain climber. I also do Aikido and I enjoy swimming.
- Literature: I am obsessed with books – mostly fiction/ fantasy, but also old german works. I enjoy writing almost as much as reading.
- Culture and languages, especially the Asian languages: I am currently trying to learn Korean. I am watching movies mostly in their native language with english subtitles.
- Computer Games: I don’t only study and design games, but I also love playing them, of course.
- Social engagement: Helping others is my most important goal in life. At my university I worked as an elected student representative, for which I took part in university politics to fight for the students’ rights, helped students with their problems and organized parties and other events.